First some terminology:
- Mesh - the solid object composed of polygons. For example a cube is a mesh composed of squares.
- Polygon - a flat shape such as a triangle or square
- Face - one of the flat sides of a shape. Usually a triangle or a square (sometimes called a quad).
- Edge - one of the lines of a shape
- Vertex - one of the corners or points of a solid object.
This is a very useful tool which extends part of a mesh. It takes an original face extends it and adds faces to the sides. It is best explained with pictures:
You can also select multiple faces with the multi-select tool before using the extrude tool to extrude a group of faces.
We will put more tutorials here later. If you would like to request a tutorial or have made your own please leave a comment below: